Powered By Blogger

Monday, July 14, 2008

Do Work Son!

I was looking at 1 Timothy 6 and as Paul is guiding Timothy and telling him how to guide the church in Ephesus, he talks about Christians in slavery. In the first two verses of chapter 6, he is instructing the church about how slaves should treat their masters. I made it a point to apply the principle of treating my boss with full respect and doing everything I could to serve God by serving him. This brought to mind other verses about work throughout the day like Colossians 3:22-24. Keeping verses like this in my head as I was working and making an effort to apply them to everything I did gave all the different activities of my day significant meaning because it seemed like everything I did was impacting the Kingdom of God. Digging through scripture and finding morsels like this, that impact the way that you go through your day is incredibly rewarding and just one of those things that you have to stop and thank God for.

No comments:

Post a Comment