Powered By Blogger

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Obedience and Trust?

I have been thinking a lot about obedience and trusting God recently. I have noticed that the more I listen, the more that He shows me how I can be obedient to him. I have noticed that by being more obedient, God can do some incredible things through me for His kingdom. An example of the kind of obedience and trust that I am talking about is the kind of trust and obedience that Joshua displayed when he marched around Jericho for 7 days without saying anything, with the understanding that at the end of it all, the city would be taken. Trust like that would be one thing, but almost as incredible as the miracle of the walls falling down is that, because of Joshua's trust in God and the people's trust in Joshua, the nation of Israel went along with this whole business of marching around the city silently. With that kind of obedience to God, what can He do with us today?

No comments:

Post a Comment